[TYPO3-core] RFC #13623 : Bug: Deprecation log for IMAGE.alttext does not work

Gosign | Caspar Stuebs caspar at gosign.de
Thu Aug 12 02:44:59 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am 08.08.2010 11:45, schrieb Susanne Moog:
> I think removing in 4.6 is a good idea. As for the logging: I added -
> like Caspar - the source of the image (and additionally the original
> file). That works well and can actually give an important hint on where
> to search for the deprecated property. I removed the pageId logging as
> that confuses more than it helps. Additionally I changed the deprecation
> log message to a sentence because the "IMAGE.alttext" looked a little
> lost on it's own ;)

The problem with the logging is, that the TSFE function
logDeprecatedTyposcript() does 2 things:
First it puts the message to t3lib_timeTrack::setTSlogMessage() and
appends a ' is deprecated.' to the message.
Second it calls t3lib_div::deprecationLog() and prepends it with
'Typoscript '.
In both logs it looks a little spooky with a whole sentence...

The function logDeprecatedTyposcript() is used only 4 times in
tslib_pagegen for deprecated config options (and for IMAGE.alttext of
course). In the case of the config options it may make sense just to
give the TS name, because the config options are normally used only at
one place in an installation. But in the case of IMAGE.alttext it is
necessary to give more informations.

I would prefer to change the function logDeprecatedTyposcript() (and the
calls in tslib_pagegen) to be able to give more informations, but this
should be discussed at the dev list.

At this moment I would have the given sentence inside the log.

So, another +1 by reading and testing for v5.

I think this should be ready for commit.

Viele Grüsse

Caspar Stuebs
Entwicklung

***Gosign im Jahrbuch der Werbung 2009***

NEW | We web pink: www.bebegeneration.de
We web green: www.greenpeace-hamburg.de
We web baguette: www.renault-safety.com

- --

Gosign media. GmbH | We web ideas.
Lokstedter Weg 36 | 20251 Hamburg
Tel. +49 (0) 40 / 31 70 15 00 | Fax  +49 (0) 40 / 31 70 15 02
eMail caspar at gosign.de | Internet www.Gosign.de | Skype caspar.stuebs

Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 112197 | Ust-IdNr. DE215891388
Geschäftsführung Bert Gogolin

Greenpeace energy: Gosign läuft mit ehrlichem Strom.
Diese Mail bitte nur ausdrucken, wenn es wirklich sein muss.