[TYPO3-core] RFC #9606: Bug: alternativeSortingField does not work for other languages

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at think-open.at
Tue Aug 10 17:34:03 CEST 2010

Hello !

Am 2010-08-10 15:18, schrieb Stefan Sprenger:

> I've fixed both in version 2.

There are two things which bother me:

1. Why do you use a static method in this case. It also works with a
normal object method (see attached diff).

2. Why all the logic in the comparison function. See the PHP manual on
strcoll - it reaturns -1, +1, 0 anyways, so no need for the "if" construct.
http://de.php.net/manual/en/function.strcoll.php

BTW: Thanks for showing the usage of "strcoll". I didn't know this php
method.

Attached a version 3 of the patch with my changes based on your patch
version 2.

greetings,
Bernhard