[TYPO3-core] RFC #15379: Bug: Don't break BE session IP locking on IPv6 client

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at think-open.at
Tue Aug 10 01:03:10 CEST 2010

Am 2010-08-09 12:26, schrieb Christian Kuhn:

> I'll take a look at pending IPv6 issues soon.

Some time a customer of me wanted to have a working version of the
cc_ipauth and cc_iplogin_fe extensions. Both extensions did not work
with recent T3 version.

So I recreated them based on Rene Fritz's extensions. But I not only
used a more appropriate way to check the addresses (no regex but boolean
algebra), but also made the extension IPv6 compatible.

Here a link to the "fe_ipauth" extension.

<http://think-open.org/kraftb/index/t3x/T3X_fe_ipauth-0_0_1-z-201007150234.t3x>

If you install it you will find a class "class.tx_feipauth_funcs.php"
which is properly documented with doxygen documenatation and features
methods for handling IPv6 addresses.

It can validate IPv4 and IPv6 adsresses. It can convert both to a binary
represenatation (1 unsigned int in the case of IPv4, 4 unsigned ints =
16 byte, in the case of IPv6) and has methods for handling those
transparently.

Probably you can use those methods for IP handling or probably even
create an IP handling class for T3 - of course in such a case some unit
tests should be mocked up :)

greets,
Bernhard