[TYPO3-core] RFC #11571: Feature: tslib_pibase - function pi_loadLL - _LOCAL_LANG Keys like listView.more should also be possible in Typoscript

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Mon Aug 9 17:47:48 CEST 2010

Am 11.02.10 17:10, schrieb Sonja Scholz:
> Hi everyone,
>
> This is a SVN patch request.
>
> Type: New feature
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=11571
>
> Branches:
> 4.2, 4.3, trunk
>
> Problem:
> A lot of extensions works with points in their locallang.xml files like
> listView.more. At the moment its not possible to overwrite these
> locallang labels via Typoscript, because the point will be interpreted
> as new subarray.

agreed, but still: wrong usage of locallang label index.

> Solution:
> The patch changes the function pi_loadLL in the class.tslib_pibase so
> only in the subarray of _LOCAL_LANG its possible to have keys like
> listView.more

-1 performance-wise.
This request is executed every time a label is present and can't be
disabled.
So I loose performance because someone else used the labels wrong and
have no way around it even if I did everything right.

I'd file an advisory and update the documentation and advise people not
to use dots in a locallang index.

cheers
Mathias