[TYPO3-core] RFC#15079 Feature: TYPO3 misses an SpriteGenerator

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Mon Aug 9 12:24:07 CEST 2010

Hi guys,

nice to see that the missing SpriteGenerator has been found ;)

One thing left/missed here though is that all the properties are marked
private.
We had some discussions about that when we moved to PHP5 and access
declarations and came to the conclusion that we should be open towards
modifications - including through XCLASS - and thus access declarations
should at most be protected.
There can be circumstances where private accessors can be used but those
should be commented properly explaining why. - I could see this for the
$default* properties for example...

After all "protected" is already a red tape warning sign, but in open
source we should be free to cut that tape whenever we want - people
doing so have been warned...

Could any of you please change the properties and methods marked as
private to protected as a small follow up, please?

greetings
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner