[TYPO3-core] RFC #8878: Bug: Fix cropscale behaviour for transparent GIF

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sun Aug 8 13:10:58 CEST 2010

On 16-7-2010 17:28, Felix Buenemann wrote:
> Problem:
> When using cropscale on an image with transparent background, the
> parameters for cropping differ between im4 and im6, due to how they
> handle the transparent canvas. This leads to incorrect cropping when
> using im5 or im6.
>
> Solution:
> Adapt behaviour according to im_version_4 flag and revert to pre #8025
> behaviour when im5/6 are used.

The '!' flag for cropping was introduced with ImageMagick version
6.2.4-6 [1]. So for earlier versions of IM6 and IM5 this will not work.

Because TYPO3 4.5 will support IM4,5 and 6 I don't think this will be
the right solution :-(

[1] http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/crop/#crop_viewport

--
Jigal van Hemert