[TYPO3-core] RFC #13623 : Bug: Deprecation log for IMAGE.alttext does not work

Susanne Moog info at susannemoog.de
Sun Aug 8 11:45:39 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 03.08.2010 08:42, Steffen Gebert wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>> I have added pageId and src to the deprecationLog.
>>> see patch attached.
> Sorry, this is not possible with logDeprecatedTyposcript()
>
> Attached v4, based on Stefan's v3.
>

> I added this comment:
>> // @deprecated since TYPO3 4.3, will be removed in TYPO3 4.6
> I think, we should have this info in code for ourselfes.
> As logging didn't work, I'd like to not remove this in 4.5
> Hope this is ok for you!

sadly somewhere along the way the logic error I mentioned in my first
reply was reintroduced (no logging when using both alttext and altText).
I created a new patch, trying to combine all changes.

I think removing in 4.6 is a good idea. As for the logging: I added -
like Caspar - the source of the image (and additionally the original
file). That works well and can actually give an important hint on where
to search for the deprecated property. I removed the pageId logging as
that confuses more than it helps. Additionally I changed the deprecation
log message to a sentence because the "IMAGE.alttext" looked a little
lost on it's own ;)

Hopefully I didn't forget too much ...

Susanne