[TYPO3-core] RFC #7901: Workaround for PHP-Bug with Locale tr_TR

Ingo Schmitt spam at marketing-factory.de
Thu Aug 5 12:04:51 CEST 2010

Hi Rheinhard,

thanks for taking care.

+1 by testing

We should note somewhere, that this patch has to removed, when the Bug
is fixed in PHP.

I would like to see this patch also in 4.2

Regards

Ingo
> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Workaround
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7901 (Originally created by Alexander
> Maringer)
>
> Branches:
> Trunk
>
> Problem:
> There is a quite annoying bug in PHP which causes severe problems when
> setting the locale to tr_TR and trying to call functions/methods
> containing a capital "I" (http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=35050).
>
> Solution:
> Do not set LC_CTYPE if the locale starts with "tr".
>
> Notes:
> This really annoys us, since we currently have to patch the core (and
> maintain the patched core) for several projects.
>

> Regards,
> Reinhard

Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Ingo Schmitt                        mailto:is at marketing-factory.de
Marketing Factory Consulting GmbH   http://typo3.marketing-factory.de/
Content Management mit Typo3: Beratung - Schulung - Realisierung