[TYPO3-core] RFC #15075: feature: make a pre-check for required php-extensions

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Mon Aug 2 14:08:46 CEST 2010

Hi,

Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> I don't remember the whole thread but basically there is already a list
> of required _db_ modules within DBAL's hook into install tool. As long
> as the list of required ext may be overriden by DBAL, it's fine to have
> mysql as requirement in Core.

Can you suggest a place in class.tx_install.php to put the list so they
can be overriden by DBAL?
Note that this check must be a very early check in the 123 installer
because it should be done before too much functionality is needed!

> Best would be to have a concept of "these extensions are all required"
> and "at least one of following set of extensions is required". This
> would allow DBAL to say one DB driver is required or in Core either
> mbstring or iconv is required.

No problem, will add support for that in the next version. I think that
for this simple test it will be enough to have an array of:
- strings: this is a required PHP extension
- array of strings: this is a list of which at least one must be present

Example for construction:
array( 'filter', 'gd', array('mbstring', 'iconv'), ....)

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert
msn: jigal at xs4all.nl