[TYPO3-core] RFC 15286 : Feature: Deactivating the cache menu for admins

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sun Aug 1 19:33:13 CEST 2010

Helmut Hummel wrote:
> On 30.07.10 23:26, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
>> - "admins are unlimited" is a fundamental concept in TYPO3.
> As written earlier, this is a questionable concept, not only security
> wise but also usability wise. I will argue about the usability part in
> the following:

Usability wise there should simply be an omnipotent admin status IMO.
Having to activate all kinds of options while building a site is simple
counter productive.

On the other hand there is the need to enable some BE user to do tasks
which require admin status.
So, it would be a good move to extend the options available to BE users
(preferably BE groups).

For an improved user experience for site builders it would be nice to
have a few predefined BE groups (roles if you like) in new installations
(editor, BE user manager, FE user manager, etc.).

I know that this is quite a task, but it will be worth it in the end.

But options to limit the admin user wouldn't make me happy...

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert
msn: jigal at xs4all.nl