[TYPO3-core] RFC #14195: Reorganize the backend stylesheets

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Apr 30 20:33:56 CEST 2010

Hi,

> Solution:
> * Remove all (not absolutely needed) CSS from core
> * Add the now missing CSS to t3skin
> * Restructure the CSS files and separate between structure definitions
> (height, width, position, etc.) and visual styles (color, border, …)

Committed to trunk in revision 7470. One more result of T3UXW09
committed! Thanks again to all involved.

I have the following notes and remarks:

- in the ChangeLog I gave the credits to Fabien Udriot and Steffen
Gebert. If someone feels flouted, please speak up and I'll add your name
(I didn't want to write "thanks to T3UXW09 Team 3, because a couple of
years down the line, nobody will know who that was anymore).

- I added a note to the pending documentation page, to be included in
the upcoming Core Skinning Guidelines, about the include order (after
discussion with Fabien and Steffen G). Here's the text, which should not
be considered final:

"The CSS files are not loaded individually anymore. Instead all
stylesheets in a directory are loaded in one go. The CSS files are
included in alphabetical order. This might potentially cause issues of
some kind of "reset.css" was introduced at a later stage as it would
override previously defined property. If such a stylesheet were
introduced in the future, it's file name should ensure that it is
included first (e.g. "00_reset.css")."

- as an afterthought, I raised the version of t3skin to 4.4.0 (from
4.2.0) and also raised the TYPO3 dependency to version 4.4.0. In
revision 7472.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter