[TYPO3-core] RFC #14247: Add a compressor/concatenator for CSS and JS

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Thu Apr 29 20:32:52 CEST 2010

Hi together,

>> $contents·=·str_replace(array("\r\n",·"\r",·"\n",·"\t",·'··',·'····',·'····'),·'',·$contents);
>>   I think the "\r\n" plus separete "\r" and "\n" are not necessary.
>> Why is there four spaces twice?
Yes, you're right, of course. I took this from somewhere on the web and
had only a quick look at it. I admit it also looked a bit weird for me and
thought of a regexp, but as it did its job, I didn't care any further.
Problem is that actually didn't have any time to write this compressor, so
it was quite in a hurry.

> Also be careful with \*, there are css hacks using this and it will be
> stripped out too.
Think we don't use such hacks in core.

> Have a look to this to get an idea:
> http://drupal.org/files/issues/minify_css.php__1.txt
Sounds interesting. Will have a look and overwork the patch tomorrow
during bug day.

> Are you sure that the skin CSS's will only be for media="all" ??
What do you mean by this, Jigal?

Steffen