[TYPO3-core] RFC #14247: Add a compressor/concatenator for CSS and JS

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Thu Apr 29 08:36:12 CEST 2010

Hi Stan,

> Can't this be made independent of pageRenderer? The RTE could use such
> functionality to compress and merge JS scripts. However, the result
> needs to be inserted in the body of the page, which pageRenderer does
> not support. Or is this only for css files?

Umm.. in principle, it could - I think. I just used the style, which is
used by the PageRenderer-Hook concatenateHandler and simply implementing
this hook was my first intention.

I would have to move some logic to the PageRenderer, to make
t3lib_compress more general. I will rethink it tomorrow, but am open for
ideas!

Steffen