[TYPO3-core] RFC: #14201: getBrowserInfo delivers wrong info

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Apr 28 11:49:24 CEST 2010

Francois Suter schrieb am 28.04.2010 11:07:
> Hi,
>
>>> I totally agree. But it is still a change of behavior.
>>
>> Won't most bugfixes be that?
>
> In theory, yes. I don't want to start a whole debate here, but I guess
> you can see the difference between patches that fix something that
> doesn't work at all and patches that fix a working, but buggy behavior
> (thus changing it). Anyway, it's not my call, it's Olly's. I just wanted
> to point this out.

I understand Francois point and this would also be the line of our new
policy of not changing the frontend output in "minor updates".

This would also include this new matching scheme, as the behaviour in
4.3 was wrong, but people "knew" it and don't expect that to change when
they upgrade to 4.3.4. This change *might* create a different rendering
result potentially breaking sites (which is not expected on a minor
upgrade).

So I am "+1" on reverting the change in 4.3 and have the information
about the change in 4.4's news where people can prepare themselves
better for such a change / new potential feature.

Cheers,
Ernesto