[TYPO3-core] RFC #14195: Reorganize the backend stylesheets

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 10:20:41 CEST 2010

Hi!

Steffen Gebert wrote:
> (8) This patch adds lots of CSS files, which have to be loaded by your
> browser. We have to find a solution for beta3, to concatenate (compress)
> them. This also leads to an unstyled backend in IE6 as it seems not to
> accept more than 31 CSS files [2].

I usually use make+Makefile to build a single CSS or JS for Frontend
projects. It concatenates and minifies files and works very easily: just
run 'make' from the shell. We could do something like this but it means
that SVN will contain an updated copy of concatenated and minified files.

Yes, I know it is not a popular approach in TYPO3 ;) More popular is to do
it in runtime. May be this is where 4.5 script mergerer will become useful.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 security team member