[TYPO3-core] RFC: #14212: Better styling of BE login news

Georg Ringer mail at ringerge.org
Tue Apr 27 01:48:18 CEST 2010

Hi,

this is a SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix, nobrainer

Branches: trunk

Bugtracker references: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14212

Problem:
It is very easy to show some basic news items below the BE login box by
using $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['BE']['loginNews']. For better styling
it would be awesome to have 2 additional classes which are applied to
the items: first-item and last-item.

Solution:
Add a marker to the t3skin template + the logic for those classes.

Additional information:
I would like to have this in 4.4. because I currently writing a small
extension which makes it possible to add those news items via an
extension through the Backend.

How to test:
Add someting like
-------
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['BE']['loginNews'][] = array(
'header' => 'Title #1',
'content' => 'Mesage body. Message body.',
);
-------

to typo3conf/extTables.php, delete the cache, logout and see the news item.

Georg