[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #14180: [BE][adminOnly] = -1 ... No Message shown when accessing /typo3

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Mon Apr 26 08:54:03 CEST 2010

Am 26.04.2010, 08:19 Uhr, schrieb Georg Ringer <news at ringerge.org>:

> Branches: trunk (4.3, 4.2 ?)
I'm for 4.3 also

> BT: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14180
>
> When closing the Backend via [BE][adminOnly] = -1, an empty white screen
> is shown without any message. -1 means a complete shutdown. If it is set
> to 1, only admins can login and if an editor tries, he gets an error
> message already.
Yes, this is a pretty ugly gremlin. Thanks for caring!
I didn't get an empty screen, but a "redirect" to "http://", which Opera
completes to http://0.0.0.0 (*head-shaking* *scared* *typo3-is-a-ui-god*)
It's pretty much the same as creating a LOCK_BACKEND file, isn't it? So we
could try to handle both the same (if there's much to do..).

> Solution:
> Add the error message to let the users (and also other admins) know,
> that there is nothing broken which is usually indicated by a white page.
I removed the header() statements in the attached patch.
Should we really tell the user, why the BE is locked? IMHO for the
ordinary user it would be better to only say "it's in maintenance" than
telling him weird thinks about [BE][adminOnly].

With adminOnly=1, the following message is shown - could we adopt it
(leaving the last part and maybe englishifying "Login-error" (which is
IMHO no english), and even maybe "are allowed *to* access").
> Login-error
> TYPO3 is in maintenance mode at the moment. Only administrators are
> allowed access.

> Additional information:
> Is there a naming convention for "Install Tool"? In itself, always first
> letters upper case, some lines before in typo3/init.php everything lower
> case..
I think usually it's "Install Tool"

Steffen