[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10768: Small rendering/css bug on FE with Text with image

Helmut Hummel helmut at typo3.org
Sat Apr 24 18:59:02 CEST 2010

Hi,

thanks to Ernesto, this thing got my attention.

On 26.03.09 23:50, Patrick Broens wrote:

> Solution:
> Set overflow: auto to ul and ol

This is fine.

> Set specific padding of 40px which is default for most browsers because
> IE6/7 lose the bullets

Also fine.

> Set height: 1% for IE6/7, does not interfere with other browsers

This is wrong. The suggested and applied CSS does affect other browsers,
leading to completely broken rendering for intext left and <ul>
rendering for images.

Solution: Hide the "height: 1%" form other browsers, (see attached patch)

Note:
Tested in IE 6,7, FF 3.0, 3.5, 3.6 and Safari 4

Please commit attached followup to 4_3 and trunk at least.

Regards Helmut