[TYPO3-core] RFC #3977: Bugfix: Permissions not set on extracted localization-files

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Fri Apr 23 02:06:45 CEST 2010

Hey,

Lars Houmark wrote:
> Problem: When updating translations from TER in the EM, the unzipped
> files is not chmod'ed correctly, which can lead into problems, when they
> later need to be replaced if the language file is updated.
>
> Solution: Improve t3lib::fixPermissions with an extra parameter, that
> makes it fix permissions recursively.

To keep you up to date: I'm actively working on this issue, already
created unit tests for mkdir() and fixPermissions(), but I'm still
fiddling with recursive hidden directories. I'm unsure about this, and
need to think about security implications, too.

In general I'd like to use glob(), but I'm currently unable to match
(hidden) files and (hidden) subdirectories only (and not ../).

To your v4: The slashes in your recursive calls are messed and the
method should closedir() ressources.

See attached patch for my current work in progress.

Regards
Christian