[TYPO3-core] RFC #13634: ext_typoscript_setup.txt cannot be overriden by static files on the same level

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 16:19:08 CEST 2010

Hi!

Fabrizio Branca wrote:
> Solution:
> Offer a new option that includes those templates if the Root-Flag is
> set, but includes them before all other templates (so you can overwrite
> them).

Do we need to care about the root flag here? Isn't it too restricting?

Other questions are about this line:

+		if ($row['static_file_mode'] == 3 &&
t3lib_div::isFirstPartOfStr($templateID, 'sys_') &&

* What does '3' mean?
* Why 'sys_' is so important?

I think if this part is modified, it would be a good chance to improve it.
If you can't introduce a constant for question #1 or a separate function
for #2, add at least local variables with descriptive names. Then anybody
can understand what is going on here :)

Current code reminds me something like:

if ($flg == 0x6694872) $o->doit();

No offense but I think we should use every chance to beautify the code
before committing it :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 security team member