[TYPO3-core] RFC #13627: [Feature]: Make visibility of record selector (IRRE) configurable

Jochen Rau jochen.rau at typoplanet.de
Fri Apr 16 23:31:00 CEST 2010

Hi.

On 26.03.10 10:09, Francois Suter wrote:
>> Problem:
>> The record selector is always visible.
>>
>> Solution:
>> Introduce a new option 'hideSelector' in $TCA. This would be useful in
>> combination with the way extbase stores value objects. Example:
>
> Could you answer the various quenstions asked here, please?

At the T3BOARD10 Olly agreed to take care of this. Unfortunately he
seems very busy atm.

After some weeks of thinking ;-) I came to a different proposal. IRRE
doesn't support selector for a 1:n relation without pointing to a field
(foreign_selector) that is a relation to a third table. (Originally this
was implemented to enable intermediate tables with additional fields.)

What about having an option 'useSelector' in 'appearance'?

1:n relation
(selector doesn't work atm)

'type' => 'inline',
'foreign_table' => 'tx_myextension_price',
'foreign_field' => 'product',
'appearance' => array(
     'useCombination' => 1,
->  'useSelector' => 1´
)

m:n relation (1st variant)
(selector does work atm)

'type' => 'inline',
'foreign_table' => 'tx_myextension_product_category_mm',
'foreign_field' => 'uid_local',
'foreign_selector' => 'uid_foreign',
'appearance' => array(
     'useCombination' => 1,
->  'useSelector' => 1
)

m:n relation (2nd variant; much better ;-) )
(selector doesn't work atm)

'type' => 'inline',
'foreign_table' => 'tx_myextension_category',
'MM' => 'tx_myextension_product_category_mm',
'foreign_selector' => 'uid_foreign',
'appearance' => array(
     'useCombination' => 1,
->  'useSelector' => 1
)

For m:n relations 'useSelector' => 1 is optional (for backwards
compytibility).

Regards
Jochen