[TYPO3-core] RFC #14018: Bug: Unit test failure in t3lib_PageRenderer_testcase

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Tue Apr 13 22:27:48 CEST 2010

Hi,

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> not all are aware of the unit tests. And these tests break for sure, but
> isn't this because the implementation of test is too strict?

Indeed, that's too argue. Generally, tests should be as specific as
necessary to test for the "correct" behavior (e.g. a test for 2 + 2
should test for 4, not for > 3), but permissive enough so they don't
need to get adapted for minor non-semantic changes (e.g. locallang
changes or some whitespace changes).

Either way, the tests need to be adapted to they don't fail anymore. And
if we can adapt them in a way to still test "the right thing" without
giving false alarms, all the better.

Oli
--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Security Team Member