[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 5678: Missing clearer div in csc-textpic-intext-left/csc-textpic-intext-right

Sebastian Gebhard sebastiangebhard at hoch2.de
Tue Apr 13 15:55:40 CEST 2010

Am 13.04.10 15:39, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
> Sebastian Gebhard wrote:
>> -1 because markup clearing is bad
>> Use a .clearfix class instead for the parent container
>
> I wondered that myself and tried to add some style to the parent
> container when I tested this. Didn't work.
>
> Clearing div's are very common in HTML.
>
> Maybe you can help and supply the correct CSS?

The .clearfix is use in my personal standard css is taken from YAML
framework and looks like this:

.clearfix:after{
	content: ".";
	display: block;
	clear: both;
	visibility: hidden;
	line-height: 0;
	height: 0;
}

.clearfix{
	display:inline-block;
}

html[xmlns] .clearfix{
	display:block;
	list-style-type:none;
}

* html .clearfix{
	height:1%
}

Don't ask me any details about it but when you apply it to a container
all included floating containers are catched and no additional markup is
needed.

I propose to add the following CSS to css_styled_content:

.csc-textpic:after{
	content: ".";
	display: block;
	clear: both;
	visibility: hidden;
	line-height: 0;
	height: 0;
}

.csc-textpic{
	display:inline-block;
}

html[xmlns] .csc-textpic{
	display:block;
	list-style-type:none;
}

* html .csc-textpic{
	height:1%
}

This works for all my projects cross-browser.