[TYPO3-core] RFC: #13698: Add proxy for the mail() function

Tolleiv.Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Tue Apr 13 09:12:58 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am 12.04.2010 23:36, schrieb Benjamin Mack:
> Hey Tolleiv,
>
> I'd love to finally see the $headers as an associative array for this
> generic function, then the function takes over the concatenation with
> chr(10). What do you think?
>
> Also, should we move this to t3lib_Utility_Mail and call it "sendPlain"
> or "sendSimple" or "send"?
>
> All the best,
> Benni.

The intention was to have a 1:1 copy of the mail() API. Therefore I
don't really like the array solution because this would make it harder
to migrate existing mail() calls.

But if having this array is the only way to get it into 4.4 - I'm fine
with it.

Regarding the utility class - sounds good I'd pick either
"t3lib_Utility_Mail::sendPlain()" or just "t3lib_Utility_Mail::mail()" -
"send()" and "sendSimple()" don't really tell that there's no
content-processing happening in there.

I'm going to provide a new patch in the afternoon - just let me know
what your decision about these points is

Cheers,
Tolleiv
--
Tolleiv Nietsch