[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #14065: Add hook for including Static TypoScript after all Static Templates are included

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Mon Apr 12 20:57:27 CEST 2010

On 4/12/10 12:22 PM, Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> +1 by reading. Though some thoughts:
>
> 1)
> I also don't like the name "includeStaticTypoScriptSourcesAtEnd" so here
> alternatives:
>
> insertTyposcriptAtEnd
> appendTyposcript
>
> 2)
> I wonder about the position. What happens in hook or after? Doi you do
> all manually? I would expect that you deliver a subrow like the
> extensions and then template makes the calls
> $subrow = $this->prependStaticExtra($subrow);
> $this->processTemplate($subrow, ...)
>
> If not the description "Include Static Template Records after all other
> TypoScript has been included." isn't correct because nothing is done :)
>
> maybe you can enlighten me.
>
> vg Steffen

Thanks Steffen and Christian!

For #1, there's already a hook named "includeStaticTypoScriptSources" at
the top of the method with the same params so it seems like it might
help to keep some common naming. Do you think the consistency helps even
if the resulting hook name is longer?

For #2, your assumption about what the code inside the hook does is
right. If you look at the system extension "statictemplates", I
essentially do the same thing but with a few more dynamic pieces.

The key reason for having a new hook instead of the existing one used by
statictemplates is so that included TypoScript can modify default
rendering coming in from other static templates.

For example, several of our WEC Skins modify the existing "Menu of
subpages to these pages" to show a 2 column list of subpages rather than
1 column. Since the default TS is defined by CSS Styled Content, our
skin is evaluated later and we can provide custom renders without the
end user having to know anything about it.

Thanks,
jeff