[TYPO3-core] RFC: #14061: Do not die, be the exception!

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Sun Apr 11 16:17:58 CEST 2010

Hi Steffen,

Am 11.04.10 16:01, schrieb Steffen Kamper:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Andreas Otto schrieb:
>> -1 by reading for the current patch because UPDATE and DELETE error
>> messages in the exceptions were swapped in the first two occurrences of
>> the patch.
>>
>> +1 by reading and testing if the attached V2 will be applied.
>>
>> Besides that good work, Steffen!
>

> ups - thx for the correction (copy & paste mess)!
> Now i ask olly for 4_3, thank you all for quick reviews.

I did not test the patch. However I've got some questions/remarks:

* What happens if the error/exception handler is disabled? Is there
anything outputtend/logged? Most of these die() calls contain system
information and might be required to debug problems further.

* In the patch there's always an InvalidArgumentException. I think, we
shoud take care to use proper SPL exceptions in the correct context
(e.g. RuntimeException, ...). It's also worth to think about a structure
of specific TYPO3 exceptions like e.g. TYPO3DatabaseException

I really like this enhancement since a die() does not say anything and
cannot be handled individually. However, it really changes behaviour and
thus is not possible for the TYPO3_4-3 branch.

olly
--
Oliver Hader
TYPO3 v4 Core Team Leader