[TYPO3-core] FYI: Added feature #14057: htmlArea RTE: Extjize the RTE ajax requests

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Sat Apr 10 23:43:03 CEST 2010

Hi Steffen,

> just a small remark - why don't you use ajax.php? This is the official
> API we have for json/xml/text response for ajax-requests, it simplifies
> the building of response. So you don't have to take care sending correct
> header and json_encode.

All GET instances, simply retrieve some cached files.

What if the RTE is used in the frontend?

The spell checker uses ajax.php, but had to be structured and configured
so as to use ajax.php in the backend and eId in the frontend. Perhaps
the server-based html cleaner should be structured the same way.

Regards,
Stan