[TYPO3-core] RFC: #14041: impexp: Add Hooks

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sat Apr 10 11:38:22 CEST 2010

Hi,

>> Just wondering: is there enough data passed to the hook function to
>> perform the necessary actions? When I find a hook function I could use
>> I usually find that the data I need is not available inside the
>> function...
>
> yes. Each tcemain action use one array with data which is passed. You
> also have the reference to tx_impexp to access class vars, no more is
> needed.

Indeed, that's a problem. ATM, most Core classes use "var" to declare members. This means we have no chance to make a variable protected if the class provides a hook because somebody perhaps used the
given reference to the class not to access public methods but to access "public" members.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en