[TYPO3-core] RFC: #14041: impexp: Add Hooks

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sat Apr 10 10:24:30 CEST 2010

Hi,

> Just wondering: is there enough data passed to the hook function to
> perform the necessary actions? When I find a hook function I could use I
> usually find that the data I need is not available inside the function...

See Steffen's answer, but I would like to add that it's impossible to
guess what people might want to do with a given hook. Hooks are often
"abused". I mean that they are sometimes used because they happen at a
convenient time during code execution, but are not necessarily used for
the tasks they were originally designed for.

While I understand the reason for your question, I think it is very hard
to answer with a definite "yes".

Cheers

--

Francois Suter