[TYPO3-core] RFC #13998: Introduce Automatic versioning of CSS and JS files

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Fri Apr 9 10:36:16 CEST 2010

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:

>> It does now in version 5, and at the same time I changed '&' to be
>> '&' when adding the timestamp to an existing query-string that has
>> parameters already.
>
> 1) I don't like the "&" as this assumes that the rest of the
> parameters also have already been htmlspecialchared. Since this by
> "convention" is meant to be done by the last instance just right before
> generating a "html-tag", I prefer to keep the "&" and add some comment
> in the functions header.

If you look at the code all the calls to this function added to the Core need & as they go
directly to a href or src attribute. So IMHO it's correct as it is (if this fact is stated in the
phpDoc comment). I thought about adding an optional argument defaulting to '&amp' that can be set to
'&' for other situations.

Masi