[TYPO3-core] RFC #14023: Tweak: Choose proper variable namings in tslib_cObj::getGlobal()

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 14:19:08 CEST 2010

Hi!

Sebastian Gebhard wrote:
> v2 resolves the CGL issues and takes Oli's variable naming proposals
> into account.
>
> I kept $value. Do you have a better proposal Georg?

There is still a problem:

+	function getGlobal($keyString, $source=NULL) {
+		$keys = explode('|', $keyString);
+		$numberOfLevels = count($keys);
+		$rootKey = trim($vars[0]);

$vars is undefined.

Attached is my version, which also makes a single return.

This function requires the source to be an array. It will not work if an object is passed as $source. Should we change that?

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 security team member