[TYPO3-core] RFC #14005: Bug: Moving a page with IRRE records misplaces IRRE records

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 13:55:12 CEST 2010

Hi!

Francois Suter wrote:
> Problem:
> When records are moved from one page to another, TCEmain spreads that
> change to the children records of the record being moved, in particular
> IRRE records. This is fine as long as the IRRE records are not related
> to the page itself. If that is the case, the IRRE records end up being
> related to the new parent page of the page being moved, instead of
> staying on the page itself.
>
> Solution:
> Check if the record being moved belongs to the "pages" table and adjust
> destination pid accordingly.

Good to have this fix but the patch causes some questions if you look at the final code without knowing this RFC. One of questions is: why do we have to adjust destination pid of $dbAnalysis is set? Unclear.

I propose to move this adjustment a couple of lines up. This way the adjustment belongs where it should: inline element processing. In case if further non–inline code is added to this function, the adjustment will not affect it.

The patch is attached. I did not test anything, just proposing a cosmetic change.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 security team member