[TYPO3-core] RFC #12908: Bug: wrong distance between image rows [css styled content]

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Mon Apr 5 15:15:22 CEST 2010

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=12908

Branches:
4.3, trunk

Problem:
"The distance below images is about 5px too large in Firefox. In
Internet Explorer 7 there is no distance at all."

Solution:
In Firefox the distance is 4px too large as a vertical-align:bottom; is
missing (for Germans there's a nice explanation on
http://www.carsten-protsch.de/zwischennetz/doctype/luecken.html).
In IE7 it's some stupid IE "no margin if display:inline or float or
moonshine" bug I worked around with setting the margin to another
element (parent).

How to reproduce:
FF issue: Text with image element with multiple images - default
margin-bottom is 4px too large.

IE7 issue: Text with image element with multiple images (Don't set
noRows, with noRows there is no bug) - no distance between the images.

Notes:
I tested the patch in FF 3.6, Chrome, Opera 10, Konqueror 4.4 (Ubuntu)
and IE6 + IE7 (Win).

Best regards,

Susanne