[TYPO3-core] RFC #13988: bugfix/code cleanup: (NO duplicate) wrong image dimension returned if alternative logo is set and skin-extension is installed in global-space (backend-redesign) #2

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Mon Apr 5 11:55:46 CEST 2010

Hi Stephan,

On 01.04.2010 10:00, Stephan N Kellermayr wrote:
> this is an SVN patch request.
>
> type: bugfix/code cleanup
>
> bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=13988
>
> branches:
> trunk, current branch
>
> problem:
> if an alternative TYPO3-logo is set in $GLOBALS['TBE_STYLES']['logo']
> and a skin-extension is installed in 'typo3/ext/' (globally), the file
> 'typo3/backend.php' does not check the image-dimensions. instead it
> outputs the alternative image with the size of the default logo.
>
> and i am sorry, i dont know where the function 'getLogo' is actually
> used (maybe it is deprecated?), so i dont know how to test it, because
> the logo-image on the upper left is processed by
> 'typo3/classes/class.typo3logo.php'.

I think this method is not only deprecated but was never used. I just
had a look and it first appeared in 4.2.0 - and was not used there either.

> ....BUT: the file 'typo3/backend.php' just contains the same issue as
> reported in http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=13985

+1 by reading (and would you perhaps open a bug to set the method
deprecated .. if no one else speaks up and can explain why it's there).

Best regards,

Susanne