[TYPO3-core] RFC #12661: Problem with german "Umlaute" in BE file list, no thumbs generated

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 2 01:04:35 CEST 2010

Christian Kuhn wrote:
> Jigal van Hemert wrote:
>> Yes, that would be better. I think that the locale settings for the
>> entire backend will influence more than just the working of
>> escapeshellarg. What will happen with settings for date and time
>> formats, etc.?
>
> That's my feeling, too. We shouldn't take any risk here, at least for
> 4.3 and 4.2, those simple hacks seem fine for me, we're already running
> a similar patch in production.

The patch I proposed has a big problem with the availability of the used
locales. I am preparing a more solid solution with a backend (system)
locale setting in the install tool which can be used as needed by BE
functions. This way an admin can configure the locale which is right for
the system and which is available.

I will still use a safe construction by saving and restoring the old
setting around the escapeshellarg() call.

--
Jigal van Hemert.