[TYPO3-core] RFC #12071: t3lib_sqlparser is not able to parse alias of a joined table

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Mon Sep 28 21:59:59 CEST 2009

Hi,

This is a RFC patch request.

Type: Bugfix

Branches: trunk (at least) but 4.2 and 4.1 would apply too

Bugtracker reference:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=12071

Problem:
Bug 5120 already reported a similar problem (although it is possible that there was still another problem) and more recently, with feeditadvanced, having DBAL installed makes use of Core's SQL parser
and gives this error:

DBAL fatal error: No handler found in handler_getFromTableList() for: "sys_lockedrecords AS locks LEFT JOIN be_users AS user ON locks.userid=user.uid" (SQL engine parse ERROR: No join fields found in
parseFromTables()!: near "user ON locks.userid=user.uid ")

Problem is that the "AS user" from "LEFT JOIN be_users AS user" is not supported by Core's SQL parser.

Solution:
It could be possible to remove the alias part of the join in the corresponding query ("AS user") and this would work but I find it more useful to make the Core SQL parser a bit more powerful.

Regards.

Sidenote: I hope being able to quickly (!) get enough +1's as it is (sadely) not located within DBAL and I fear only DBAL suffer from this bug.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en