[TYPO3-core] RFC #9355: Add an error and exception handler (backported from FLOW3)

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Mon Sep 28 14:46:57 CEST 2009

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
>> I think this is not correct. The exception handling of TYPO3 should
>> provide the proper base classes for future use.
>
> +1 to this, -1 to removal of those classes.

ok, but then we should do it right.

1. the error and warning exceptions (class.t3lib_error_warning.php,
class.t3lib_error_error.php) should be actually used by the php
error_handler (like it is done in Flow3 trunk)

2. instead of filling up t3lib/ with exception classes we should either
create a subdir "exception" (like it is done in t3lib/cache/). Or we
should collect them at a central point. e.g. in the error/ directory.

3. we should provide some examples in the core for usind the specialiced
exceptions, e.g. by replacing the die() calls in t3lib_db by proper
t3lib_db_exceptions (-> follow-up).

Dmitry and Ernesto, if we agree on this I'll prepare a new patch.

greets
rupert