[TYPO3-core] RFC #12067: Remove ext_autoload.php files for extensions using Extbase naming convention

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sat Sep 26 19:18:36 CEST 2009

Hi Rupert,

> I'd say this change is not needed at all.
> there's exactly one extension which needs ext_autoload.php: extbase
> all other extbase based extensions are involved by the extbase
> dispatcher which registers the name based autoloader.
>
> try it by deleting ext_autoload.php from the blog example: all works as
> before.

That's not 100% true. I recently had the problem with Fluid and a pibase extension that did not used Extbase's dispatcher. As a validator (needed for Fluid but part of Extbase) was not referenced in
ext_autoload.php I could not run my plugin. With this patch, the validator is automatically loaded.

But I'm OK with Olly

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en