[TYPO3-core] RFC #12067: Remove ext_autoload.php files for extensions using Extbase naming convention

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Sat Sep 26 16:41:27 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi Masi.
>
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>> Both versions of your patch change a t3lib-file for the benefit of only
>> one extension. It is not clear to me if Extbase has its own autoloader
>> why t3lib_div and t3lib_autoloader must be changed to make us of it. Why
>> can't Extbase not simply install itself as an SPL autoloader?
>>

> if you remember autoloader in his first versions had a name-resolve,
> iirc it was you who coded such routine.

No. While I suggested such a scheme I never implemented it. I believed
it would be possible for normal extensions, but now I think it's only
possible for t3lib (after a few renames) and typo3/classes (after a
bunch of renames).

I really want name based resolution, but I don't want that Extbase
"infects" the Core. If you want FLOW3 as your prime tool, go and help
the v5 team. But stay away from t3lib ;)

Masi