[TYPO3-core] RFC: #0011824: Links accross Domains not known by linkData and therefore also RealURL

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Sep 25 16:05:49 CEST 2009

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Oliver Hader wrote:
>> ... and additionally, there could be different configurations for domain
>> names. Thus, the additional link-processor (e.g. RealURL) should really
>> know about that information.
>
> This is too abstract. I still do not see why RealURL should know about it. May be Daniel's patch will bring more light. Let's wait and see later.
>
> I think there will be no change to RealURL after this patch because:
> - RealURL already supports cross–linking, so no additions is necessary
> - RealURL has to stay compatible with 4.2 at least for a year after the release of 4.3 and cannot depend on 4.3 changes
>
> Supporting 4.2 is important and RealURL cannot drop this support. Many businesses use RealURL and I have to give them updates for 4.2 too.
>
> I hope you understand.

I don't think realurl will break in 4.2 if this gets added.

I think the "problem" is in function tx_realurl::setConfig, where this
is called:

	// First pass, finding configuration OR pointer string:
	$this->extConf = isset($extConf[$this->host]) ? $extConf[$this->host] :
$extConf['_DEFAULT'];

But $this->host is the current host ("TYPO3_HOST_ONLY"). If the link
points to a page in a different sys_domain, which might even have
different realurl settings, the wrong setup is loaded. With the "new
parameter" in place $this->host isn't always "TYPO3_HOST_ONLY", but the
domain where the link is pointing to.

Or am I misunderstanding the code or is this being handled somewhere else?

Cheers,
Ernesto