[TYPO3-core] RFC: #12059: Change order in installtool (Update Wizard before Database Analyzer)

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Sep 25 12:23:37 CEST 2009

Hi Masi and Ernesto,

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>>> Remark:
>>> maybe updatewizard should have a link direct to COMPARE as this should
>>> be done always.
>> That would IMHO make more sense: make the database update (aka COMPARE)
>> available from the update wizard.
>>
>> Masi
>>
>> PS: Taking this further the update wizard could store in localconf.php
>> if it has been run. If it hasn't it could be triggered automatically
>> (just like the 1-2-3 wizard).
>
> Big ++++1 on that idea!!!

the link should be definitive in COMPARE tool. As the COMPARE has to be
run more times (eg for changing cache tables, keys with truncate etc) it
will be difficult to store a flag. I also encountered a problem with key
change where i had to drop the table because database tool wasn't able
to change the table.
Having a link in update wizard there should be a text that describes
this (Click COMPARE until there is no required change left)

vg Steffen