[TYPO3-core] RFC: #12059: Change order in installtool (Update Wizard before Database Analyzer)

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Fri Sep 25 00:36:13 CEST 2009

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> This is SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bugfix
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=12059
>
> Branches: trunk
>
> when updating from existing installation you should perform
>
> 1) Update Wizard: add needed features / set compatibility
> 2) Database Analyzer: Compare - add missing tables/fields
>
> The Install tool should reflect this order
>
> Remark:
> maybe updatewizard should have a link direct to COMPARE as this should
> be done always.

Concerning installing new extensions with an update wizard this makes
sense. However, it does not make much sense, when there are database
changes (e.g. like the change with the page type "advanced" in TYPO3 4.2).

When installing an extension via update wizard the database updates
should be triggered there.

Thus, I'm for keeping the current order in the install tool...

olly
--
Oliver Hader
TYPO3 Release Manager 4.3