[TYPO3-core] RFC #11770: Feature: mysql_ping wrapper

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Sep 24 18:07:42 CEST 2009

Hi,

I think it is not awkward, because there doesn't really seem to be an
abstract solution to the problem. If you know you are in MySQL and you
know you want to ping (with its potential ramifications), then you
should do it directly. Else if we have it in core, it will give a false
sense of a "generic ping" method that cannot really be implemented in
all underlying engines.

Cheers,
Ernesto