[TYPO3-core] FYI24 #12025: Make statuses in the status report sort alphabetical

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Thu Sep 24 13:00:36 CEST 2009

Hi,

thanks to Georg for sharing the impression. I'd like to state my point
of view:

Since TYPO3 is a real community project, not driven by a large company
but by the community members, everyone plays a vital part of a whole
scenario. It is obvious that we cannot always have the same point of
view and thus it's very important that we discuss about these issues and
are open for feedback and comments - indeed, "RFC" is an abbreviation
for "request for comments" and nothing else. I expect that contributors
are open towards criticism if it's meant to be contructive and leads to
improving a situation. However, some threads grow and grow and never
come to an end since there's always something that is not perfect. If it
turns out that an RFC is not perfectly feature complete and the last
steps require some more work, it would be fine to continue with that
working version, write down the requested enhancehents and solve them in
a different RFC. That way it's more helpful than just blocking ideas
with a "No!" or "Do it on your own!".

However, everybody is trying to get the best out of it, be it writing
patches, reviewing and testing them, coming up with a better idea,
creating documentation for other users or...
As you can see, the possibilities of contributing to TYPO3 are endless
and each is highly appreciated since it adds more and more value to our
project.

I feel that the TYPO3 core team is not an elitist crew of
super-developers. Each team member once started as everybody did. Due to
motivation, taking over responsibility for a core project and a severe
persitence in being active inside the community, people got and still
get invited to the core team. It's also impossible that only the core
team handles the releases on its own. The whole community is again the
vital part to deliver new gems to TYPO3.

This was generally spoken. Concerning to this thread, we realized that
there are some problems under the cover. Since they are more of a social
nature, there is no requirement to expatiate on that in this thread - a
solution and consense will be elaborated internally and also in private.

So: Everybody, your work and contribution to TYPO3 is highly appreciated!

Rock on!
Olly

--
Oliver Hader