[TYPO3-core] RFC: #12004 OpenID fails with fatal error

Andreas andreas at otto-hanika.de
Tue Sep 22 19:25:45 CEST 2009

Hi,

Am Montag, den 21.09.2009, 00:16 +0200 schrieb Dmitry Dulepov:
> Andreas wrote:
> > IMHO this should be added as a hint to the extension documentation.
>
> No, it works ok without this. This code is used by thousands of installations in the world, not just by TYPO3. Search your local installation for problems, please. It is definitely a local issue, which is best discussed in the "dev" list than here.
>
> No change required.

It might by a local issue - but it could also be related to the
particular linux distribution (Ubuntu 9.04). Besides that other people
seem to face similar problems with the OpenID library in other CMS.

Anyway, adding a hint to the documentation would not hurt anyone.

I know how to cope with the problem if it occurs and that's enough for
me. All I wanted was to raise awareness that there might be problems for
TYPO3 sysads when they decide to use OpenID authentication in TYPO3.

Cheers,
Andreas