[TYPO3-core] RFC: #12037: Fatal Error in Configuration > $TBE_MODULES

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Tue Sep 22 11:43:54 CEST 2009

Hi,

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix

Bugtracker references: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=12037

Branches: trunk

Problem:
When selecting "$TBE_MODULES (BE Modules)" in the Configuration module
I'm getting a
Catchable fatal error: Object of class Tx_Extbase_Dispatcher could not
be converted to string in t3lib\class.t3lib_div.php on line 1245
The problem is, that Extbase puts an instance of Tx_Extbase_Dispatcher
into the $TBE_MODULES array in ext_tables.php and the t3lib_arraybrowser
does not support objects.

Solution:
Instead of storing an instance of Tx_Extbase_Dispatcher in the global
$TBE_MODULES array, only the class name should be stored.

Notes:
We could also fix this by adding an is_object check to the arraybrowser.
But I'd rather change the Extbase behavior from
$TBE_MODULES['_dispatcher'][] =
t3lib_div::makeInstance('Tx_Extbase_Dispatcher');
$TBE_MODULES['_dispatcher'][] = 'Tx_Extbase_Dispatcher';
as it seems superfluous to store an instance of the dispatcher there.

All the best
Bastian