[TYPO3-core] RFC: #12031: Fields alias & content_from_pid are missing in exludelist

Georg Ringer news at ringerge.org
Tue Sep 22 08:00:50 CEST 2009

Hi,

this is a SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix, nobrainer

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=12031

Branches: trunk

Problem:
If there is a need for a *really* simple backend it is necessary to hide
all fields which are not neeeded.

This is possible with 2 exceptions: In the page properties there will
always be 2 fields rendered:
- alias: IMO this is not really needed with realURL as there is the page
title (or nav title and so on) but in my case the title is enough, no
need for an alias.

- Content from this page: This fields leads to an additional tab
"Options" which an editor (at least mine) won't need, shouldn't see and
don't need to care about!

Solution:
add exclude => 1 to those 2 fields

Additional information:
Yes I know there are many options to remove those fields like TsConfig
or extending TCA but this is missing in the core!

Georg