[TYPO3-core] RFC #9355: Add an error and exception handler (backported from FLOW3)

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Sep 21 17:51:47 CEST 2009

Hi Ingo,

see attached v3 for my idea. The v3-diff.diff are only the files I have
changed. The v3.diff is the complete patch again (with the unmodified
error/* files) for sake of completeness.

I agree we cannot "per se" turn off exception handling for production
sites, else the "productionHandling" would be of no use. But at least I
made it configurable (well it already was, but now it is also documented).

Setting $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['exceptionHandler'] to '' turns off even
production exception handling, meaning it will be as we have it in 4.2 now.

Default is to have it enabled: with the performance penalty but the
extra nice error messages when something is wrong (instead of a "blank
page").

And at the end, if displayError=1 or 2 and the devIPmask matches,
debugHandler is enabled.

Cheers,
Ernesto