[TYPO3-core] FYI24 #12025: Make statuses in the status report sort alphabetical

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Mon Sep 21 17:32:07 CEST 2009

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:

Hi Ernesto,

> you posted a FYI when I think this should have been a RFC.

I chose to go with an FYI as I'm the original developer of the sysext,
thus I should know best what's going on with it and where to change
things. The same does apply to rtehtmlarea, felogin, dbal, and
scheduler, doesn't it?
Second, I talked to Olly already and got his ok to go with a FYI24.

> We (at least me) are not demanding anything from you, we are just
> commenting on your patch.

What's a "do it different than you propose" then?

> In this particular case, sorting
> alphabetically is worse than what we have now (which is not bad at all).

Well, first people complain about the list not being structured, now
they complain about a straight forward alphabetical sorting, what know?

> A better idea would be categorization, which several person already
> stated. If you don't want to do it, don't feel obliged to do so.

To me that's demanding something again, aren't you demanding
categorization here?
I actually do see a point in categorization, but I also see
disadvantages with it - especially not being able to simply copy&paste
the whole table to a bug report or support email (from a customer to a
agency f.e.) at once. Thus I'm not in favor of categorization yet.

Anyways, if you want that change, come up with a patch, but please don't
block others because of your demands which you aren't willing to
contribute to yourself.

best
Ingo

--