[TYPO3-core] RFC #9355: Add an error and exception handler (backported from FLOW3)

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Sep 21 17:03:54 CEST 2009

Hi Ingo,

I think there are lots of production sites out there with displayError=2
and the devIPmask set to the IP ranges of the "developers" that produced
the site. Thus only displaying errors to them and not to the public.

So having the check displayError!=-1 will still slow down those sites
where usually no errors are being displayed right now.

So I would either add the same checks for devIPmask as in config_default
or simply check for ini_get('display_errors') in index_ts.php, because
config_default already sets this PHP setting according to
TYPO3_CONF_VAR.SYS.displayError and devIPmask.

Cheers,
Ernesto